Travelling for several months at a time can make you miss home. You may not want to go back at the moment, but there are brief times when you remember the good memories there.
I never really put too much thought into being born and raised in Texas, but the more I travel I realize how much it’s imprinted in me. My family is mostly European. To be a country bumpkin is outrageous!
Hell, we’re the black sheep of the family on my mom’s side. They see us as the crazy people from down south with the cattle.
But when I hear certain songs I go back to Texas in a heartbeat. A smile always pops up, and I can remember one of the many times heading out onto the dance floor.
If you’re missing a bit of home or want to check out some country music, here are some of my favorites that remind me of home. This might not have all the perfect songs for Texas, but it includes a lot of the good ones. There are old, new, slow, and fast!
- That Girl in Texas by Jon Wolfe
- I Don’t Dance by Jon Wolfe
- She’s Like Texas by Josh Abbott Band
- Check Yes Or No by George Strait
- Beat Of The Music by Brett Eldridge
- Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker
- House Party by Sam Hunt
- It Goes Like This by Thomas Rhett
- See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery
- Sunny and 75 by Joe Nichols
- Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter
- Makin’ This Boy Go Crazy by Dylan Scott
- Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain) by Gary Allan
- Fly Over States by Jason Aldean
- Tattoos on This Town by Jason Aldean
- Why Don’t We Just Dance by Josh Turner
- Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins
- Kiss Me In The Dark (Album Version) by Randy Rogers Band
- Country Girl (Shake It For Me) by Luke Bryan
- I’m Gonna Getcha Good! (Red Version) by Shania Twain
- I Go Back by Kenney Chesney
- Amarillo Sky by Jason Aldean
- Keeper Of The Stars by Tracy Byrd
- Watching You by Rodney Atkins
- Copperhead Road by Steve Earl
- Footloose by Kenny Loggins
- Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
- Whatever She’s Got by David Nail
- As Good As I Once Was by Toby Keith
- Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American) by Toby Keith
- American Soldier by Toby Keith
- I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack