Jambalaya is a great dish to serve a party. It’s easy to make enough for everyone, it’s spicy, and guests will love the flavor! Normally, I just pick up a box of jambalaya mix and add some sausage. But after trying a recipe on Yummly, I can’t do that anymore.
The recipe on here is a twist on the Yummly recipe. I’m attaching a link so that you can go to it if you’d like (1-2-3 Jambalaya). Last time I cooked up this dish, I seemed to be running out of a lot of things, so I made do with what I had. Here is what I used and it turned out great!
1 package of Andouille Sausage
1 box of family size Jambalaya (I used Zataran’s)
- Cut up the andouille sausage and cook it in a pan.
- While the sausage is cooking, dice up the tomato.
- Take a large skillet and start cooking the jambalaya according to the box.
- When the water starts to boil, add in the seasonings to your taste, andouille sausage, and tomato.
- Continue cooking according to the directions on the box.
- Once it’s all done, put it into a bowl and enjoy!